• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

barbel rod

looking to buy either the greys prodigy or the fox duo-lite twin tip barbell rod for fishing the wye any one used either or any recommendations.many thanks

Hi John, your gonna get good and bad reports about both rods. :D Ive been using a Greys Prodigy for about 8 years. Its my fav rod, and i have had/used much more expensive rods, that just weren't my cup of tea. :)

Ben Jennings selling a duo lite on garage clear out advert

thanks stuart its 11ft I want a 12ft if possible.thanks derek I realise that I had a prodigy before which I liked so leaning that way I think.atb both

Prodigy

I have a pair of the original prodigys and they are excellent rods, best off the shelf I've used. Soft tips with a progressive action - plenty of muscle lower down. The later versions are not the same rod though, and not as good imo. You'll find a mint pair on ebay if you look long enough, they come up fairly regularly.

Nick C

Rod choice is a personal thing, I had a pair of the original 1.75 Prodigy barbel rods and always felt they were a little underpowered even though friends loved them and even thought the 1.5 version was powerfull enough.
I changed to a pair of the twin tip Duo-lites about 3 years back and feel much more comfortable with them, they're a stiffer blank which suits me better than the Prodigy's action, each to their own.

thanks steve I realise its a personal thing i'm just going to have to choose one and see if I get on with it.but thanks for your input its much appreciated.atb
john

Back