• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Barbel Rod Survey 2012

What is the length and test curve of your favourite barbel rod?

• 11' 1.25lb

Votes: 10 2.3%
  • 11' 1.5lb

Votes: 29 6.6%
  • 11' 1.75lb

Votes: 48 10.9%
  • 11' 2lb

Votes: 7 1.6%
  • 12' 1.5lb

Votes: 45 10.3%
  • 12' 1.75lb

Votes: 190 43.3%
  • 12' 2lb

Votes: 77 17.5%
  • 12' 2.25lb

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • 12' 2.5lb

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • 13' 2.5lb

Votes: 4 0.9%

• Total voters
Come on chaps - this is not a thread to show off about an expensive rod - we want to know what test curve, how many guides, cork or duplon, full or abreviated, what colour tippets etc! :D

Further to my earlier post re; the Normark 2lb tc rods being my favourites. I have two and had full cork handles fitted (rather expensively as it happens). 10 guides on each. The blanks are extremely slim but immensely powerful, when needed.

Further to my earlier post re; the Normark 2lb tc rods being my favourites. I have two and had full cork handles fitted (rather expensively as it happens). 10 guides on each. The blanks are extremely slim but immensely powerful, when needed.

Show off:D:D:D

My rod has eight guides and a full cork handle.

Mine was built by Dave Lumb on an 11ft 2lb GTI blank for fishing River Dane. It has Dave's s/tube isotope fixing and shorter handle due to my short arms...:D.

Mine was built by Dave Lumb on an 11ft 2lb GTI blank for fishing River Dane. It has Dave's s/tube isotope fixing and shorter handle due to my short arms...:D.

Bet your murder to go for a few drinks with:eek:;) Hope you dont have deep pockets aswel;)

my mucker

Bet your murder to go for a few drinks with:eek:;) Hope you dont have deep pockets aswel;)

he's not that tight my mucker gave me some free feeders when i purchased some reels off him;)
infact he said i can only have them if i promise not to give stu any:D

Hexagraph no.2, far more powerful than it's 1.25lb test would suggest. Fox kevlex triple tips, fox floodwater 12' 2 3/4lb, Martin Bowler big river 12' 2 1/4lb as well as cane rods in my armoury but the Hexagraph is a seriouse bit of kit and remains my favourite ;)

The Hexagraphs look excellent - I'm a little envious to say the least. What bs mainline do you use with it, if you don't mind my asking?

Can we not call time on this thread now?...pretty please :D The result has long been obvious, and has barely changed percentage wise since the first few days. Every time I log on, there it is....it so BORING now :p

Cheers, Dave.

Or, we just strike out the words "test", "favourite" and "barbel" and conduct another social experiment to see if a fisherman really are prone to exaggerate.

Can we not call time on this thread now?...pretty please :D The result has long been obvious, and has barely changed percentage wise since the first few days. Every time I log on, there it is....it so BORING now :p

Cheers, Dave.

Guess it will come to an end on the 31st December, then i get to start the 2013 Barbel Rod Survey! Bet you can't wait for that Dave! :D The result, as you pointed out on the first page, is pretty pointless, unless you happen to be in the business of selling barbel rods and i'm pretty sure the chaps at Fox, Drennan etc will have had a sneely peek at some point. It was just posted out of interest really and at least i can claim the most popular poll topic in recent BFW history! :p

Guess it will come to an end on the 31st December, then i get to start the 2013 Barbel Rod Survey! Bet you can't wait for that Dave! :D The result, as you pointed out on the first page, is pretty pointless, unless you happen to be in the business of selling barbel rods and i'm pretty sure the chaps at Fox, Drennan etc will have had a sneely peek at some point. It was just posted out of interest really and at least i can claim the most popular poll topic in recent BFW history! :p

Do that and I will have to kill you :D

That's what bothers me the most....what does that say about us lot :p:D

If they do have a 'sneely peek', it serves them right, shouldn't charge so much for rods :D

Cheers, Dave.

Back