• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Barbel In north wales??

Tony Stone

Evening, does anyone know which River this is?
It’s in North Wales, running past Snowdonia.

Off on our summer hold on Saturday near here and wondered if there were any course fish in the river? Hoping there might be pike or barbel there so I might have a few hours one evening.

I’m staying in Nefyn so any recommendations of barbel or pike nearby would be greatly appreciated :)

248FB8DB-3BC2-49D8-9550-C43273AD8E5B.jpeg

Evening, does anyone know which River this is?
It’s in North Wales, running past Snowdonia.

Off on our summer hold on Saturday near here and wondered if there were any course fish in the river? Hoping there might be pike or barbel there so I might have a few hours one evening.

I’m staying in Nefyn so any recommendations of barbel or pike nearby would be greatly appreciated :)

View attachment 20145
Hi Tony,

Unless my investigating skills have let me down it’s Afon Ogwen (River Ogwen) and it’s Brown Trout, Sea Trout and Salmon. I might be wrong but isn’t Lake Bala not too far away. That’s got some Pike fishing I believe. River Ogwen is on the The Wye and Usk Passport scheme

Regards

Bill

Ok that’s that river out then. I’ll take a look at Bala lake 👍👍

Tony,

If your staying near Nefyn then tbh I would focus your attention on some sea fishing

Some decent pike in for sure Bala, but from what I know from people who have fished it, it's not an easy water, and not somewhere your likely to have much success on on the basis of a quick holiday session, unless of course you get lucky.

Some good bass fishing marks around the Llyn peninsula and plenty of boat fishing charters for tope and smoothhound etc.

Cheers guys, got back from Nefyn a few days ago, lovely part of the UK, however it rained so much :D

Managed a few hours lure fishing here and there, found a little river, no idea of the name but there were roach etc in there. Managed a few perch on little spinners.

I need to do a bit of research on sea fishing as I would lobe to catch a bass, and also there are mullet where I paddleboard so would like to catch them too, maybe ill create a post in the other species thread.

Back