• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Barbel in Cardiff bay?

Christchurch is where I was thinking of, I must have had too many cream sherry's at lunchtime.

We used to get the ferry boat from Mudeford (Christchurch) to Hengitsbury Head, beautiful clean beach, and some pretty good fishing too of the groyne for wrasse and mullet, bait was limpet mostly, prised from the rocks.

Well worth a visit, and mainly 'Grockle' free :p

Last edited:
We to get the ferry boat from Mudeford (Christchurch) to Hengitsbury Head, beautiful clean beach, and some pretty good fishing too of the groyne for wrasse and mullet, bait was limpet mostly, prised from the rocks.

Well worth a visit, and mainly 'Grockle' free :p

My sister lived in Swanage for 25 years so the Poole harbour thing was a bit of a lazy mistake really.

No idea when it comes to Cardiff Bay but I've caught Barbel from near to HMP Gloucester in the past....the water there is continually murky.

Does not the tidal Trent hold Barrbel in numbers too?

Paul

Back