• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Barbel fishings new age

Paul Boyle

181092_4563016477375_1441887238_n_zpsb9fd7a9f.jpg
[/IMG]

Coming to a river near you ......:eek:

NO BEER CANS OR BOTTLES !!!!!! :eek:
WHATS THE FISHING WORLD COMING TOO . :D

No bivvie slippers or camo in sight.............lightweights..............that's ZCA's for you.....

I don't know if that was set up for the camera for laughs or not....but it really is a fact in carping. I seriously had to look twice because I thought it might be the guy I was thinking of, the set up was so similar (though his bivy was bigger, but in fairness he didn't have the speakers) :D

Having said that, I have to add that in my opinion, funny as that scenario is (many no doubt see it as ridiculous)...PROVIDING they don't make annoying levels of noise, behave in a manner that causes no harm to fish or environment, and don't interfere in any way with those around them....then let them be, they are entitled to fish in the manner that makes them happy. lay off, live and let live....love and indulge thy neighbour and all that.

On the other hand, if they are noisy, drunken pain in the backside chavs causing mayhem, then show them the 'no marker rod' method of mapping the bottom of the lake :D

Cheers, Dave.

I know a couple of lads on the syndicate i fish who have almost similar setups if a 2 seater sofa would fit on the barrow they would have it!

I went up to one the other day and said did you see that fish stick his head out, naaa man i watching tv !!! haha

Another story, similar thing on a day ticket water wiv a young lad i know ! took him on his first day ticket trip! Did you see that fish!!!!! Naa im watching the simpsons on my psp !! Hahahaa

Unbelievable! Im watching the water until my body doesn't allow me to and i pack up or fall asleep if night fishing on alarms!

But like you say its the norm in carp fishing!!

Nah, Dave's furniture is realtree camo.

Well yes....it is now...but it didn't start out that way. To be honest, I have never understood how some folk keep their furniture looking like new. Try as I might, I just can't prevent the odd smudge of mud from my boots getting on it every time I get home from a hard days fishing....and I always forget that I wiped the groundbait off my hands on the back of me kecks a few times. Not sure if the blackish bits are that or the fish slime to be honest. No no...it must be the fish slime, 'cos I remember now that the green patches are mould growing on the groundbait smears.

Don't mind though, because I can get away with nodding off for hours when I get home. The old dutch don't spot me 'cos me fishing suit blends right in...bleedin sorted :D

Cheers, Dave.

Photoshop, but still funny.

Dave, I've just bought two new la z boy electric reclining sofas in cream leather, if my Mrs caught me on those in my fishing kit she would have my testicles for ear rings.

Photoshop, but still funny.

Dave, I've just bought two new la z boy electric reclining sofas in cream leather, if my Mrs caught me on those in my fishing kit she would have my testicles for ear rings.

If I REALLY tried the things I mentioned in my sorry attempt at humour in my previous post Ade, my Mrs would not only have new earrings...she would have a new chew stick for the dog as well....

Cheers, Dave.

Amazes me the stuff carp anglers take with them.

I just looked in the new Chub Catalogue and on page 49 is a "Toilet Roll Holder" and in the description it says "can be hung from a tree or bush when in use"

Better look where you tread if you come across one of those!!

Amazes me the stuff carp anglers take with them.

I just looked in the new Chub Catalogue and on page 49 is a "Toilet Roll Holder" and in the description it says "can be hung from a tree or bush when in use"

Better look where you tread if you come across one of those!!

You see the carp boys can avoid that problem with one of these John :D:D....

689D5DAB-10BD-4230-BA47-82BB87AD701E-3416-00000208151BDA2A_zpsf4448f16.jpg

Back