• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Barbel and Roach by Choice by Colin Woods

Just wondering whether anybody has read this book and, if so, what they thought of it.

Steve
I have bought it Stephen but am yet to read it but in the current climate feel that will happen soon.

In the short term I would also be interested in the answer to your question ;)

Just finished reading it. Bought as he is a local angler and fishes the Avon and Stour so was hoping for some useful insights. The author certainly has his own approach to fishing these rivers and it is well written and an enjoyable read, with plenty of photos of big barbel and some impressive roach. Slightly disappointed that there wasn’t a bit more detail on his tactics but still a good read and I would certainly recommend the book to any anglers who enjoy fishing the HA and the Dorset Stour.

Hope that helps.

Dave

Got the Kindle edition, but it won’t download on to my Kindle. Works on the kindle app on my phone and iPad though. Strange... Didn’t realise it was Avon and Stour based, so looking forward to reading.

Alex,

Predominantly HA with some Stour as well as a bit of Thames. The author grew up in London but moved to the Christchurch area and has focussed his attention on the Avon ever since. He has some strong views on tackle and his angling approach - he prefers trotting for roach and has very clear ideas on what kind of swim he prefers.

Hope you enjoy the book, it’s well written and easy to read.

Dave

Back