• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Bankside concealment.......Hilarious!

You might find it hard to believe but they are actually a steady seller for us. :)

Forget the camo colouration, they actually break up the silhouette of a human head pretty well. Having said that I've not yet seen an angler wearing one on the river.

As for the ghillie suit, a certain very well known barbel angler went on at me for ages to get one in for him. In small. :D

Last edited:

PLEASE don't do it Kevin. The sight of the average barbel angler....certainly a large (excuse the pun) percentage of those using these boards, dressed in one of those suits.....:eek: I feel ill just thinking about it :D

The lunch boxes on display alone would probably frighten children and cause horses to stampeded :p:p

Cheers, Dave.

PLEASE don't do it Kevin. The sight of the average barbel angler....certainly a large (excuse the pun) percentage of those using these boards, dressed in one of those suits.....:eek: I feel ill just thinking about it :D

The lunch boxes on display alone would probably frighten children and cause horses to stampeded :p:p

Cheers, Dave.

Must admit Dave, I do feel a little self conscious but I'm sure it will look a lot better post-op!! :eek:

WE had some Rats that had found their way into my small brick built out building, I would often see them sitting just outside the building on a small low wall.

One evening after dark (when there was a nice orangey sky, perfect for seeing a silhouette of biggish aquatic birds in the trees by the lake).
I was about to go out with my air rifle when I noticed a Rat on the low wall, my movement disturbed it, but I decided that a few moments might see it return.
I turned all the lights off, lay down on the utility room floor tiles, slid the barrel of the rifle through the cat flap and waited, sure enough a Rat hopped up on the wall, hold breath ease the pressure on the trigger and …………slotto, perfect head shot, which I may have commented upon at the time!

Suddenly the lights went back on, I looked around to see my daughter and her friend standing there!

I was dressed in a real tree jacket, camo woollen hat, camo cargo trousers and I also had an ex army net scarf around my neck and camo fingerless gloves, my rifle was also fully ragged up!!
Obviously I did not want to be seen, by either people or large aquatic birds, so in my view I was dressed perfectly for a stroll around the lakes!

My daughters only comment was:- Dad you are a VERY sad man!!

She seemed to think my behaviour was strange, can’t think why!!

Aw heck Keith, you have gone and done it again mate. For days now I will be carrying a picture of that scene in my mind. If it's anything like last time, every time I burst into giggles at the thought of it, I will get very odd looks :( What is it with these miserable sods in dentists waiting rooms and the like :D:D

Cheers, Dave.

Back