• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Bank Tackle Backlead Adaptors.

Andrew Jackson

I know the common method of overcoming drifting weed and other rubbish when fishing at short range on rivers like the Hampshire Avon is to stick the rod top under the water and wait for the reel to spin. Fair enough. It certainly works. All the same I prefer to watch the rod top if at all possible. I suspect you will see bites, particularly from wary Chub , that you wouldn't with the rod underwater, bolt rig or not. Keeping the rod well back from the waters edge and dropping a backlead off the rod top is one solution to the problem. These handy adaptors from Bank Tackle are a good idea and allow you to just attach a bomb rather than having to carry about additional backleads.
I won't use a backlead though when there are too many rocks or snags about. An extra lead on the line isn't a good idea in those circumstances.

Attachments

• 20240120_124406.jpg
    20240120_124406.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 137
I too use the bank tackle absailer clips but find the need to cut the rubber sleeve down to clip on easier and quicker. Used in conjunction with the 1 oz saucer back leads without the 's' clip they make a great combination.

1705829590066.jpeg

I too use the bank tackle absailer clips but find the need to cut the rubber sleeve down to clip on easier and quicker. Used in conjunction with the 1 oz saucer back leads without the 's' clip they make a great combination.

View attachment 28112
Sorry. Didn't notice that was the correct term for them! Yes. I agree. The tubing needs cutting. I've got some of those saucer backleads somewhere. Bought for Carp but gave up using backleads for Carp long time ago. More harm than good! 🙂

Sorry. Didn't notice that was the correct term for them! Yes. I agree. The tubing needs cutting. I've got some of those saucer backleads somewhere. Bought for Carp but gave up using backleads for Carp long time ago. More harm than good! 🙂
Best place to buy the back leads from mate.

Back