• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

banding pellets

shank for me Andrew

Andrew ,

bend of hook for me, but I would imagine if you put it on the shank it would end up on the bend anyway unless the bait bands were super tight.

Steve

A tip that was given to me by another BFW member is to use fish tank aerator tubing.
You need to cut down a mastic nozzle to fit an 8mm or 10mm pellet in the wide end then cut a small piece of the tubing 5mm to 6mm long.
Slide the piece of tubing on to the thin end of the nozzle and push it to the wide end.
Now put the pellet in to the end of the nozzle and push the tube/band on to the pellet. Now take a baiting needle and slide between pellet and band then put a hook under the band so as the hook is standing up. It now looks like a Scorpion which is what the member that gave me this tip called it "The Scorpion Rig" I find that if its done correctly the hook will stay put but the band must be tight.
If your the person that gave me this tip and you still look in to BFW I hope your keeping well long time since we last met.

Hope this make a little sence. If not I'll try and put a picture on.

Scaz

hi people,
not posted 4 a while,just a quick tip if u band pellets ,try one on the hook , dont matter where,they end up on the bend,and band the other above the hook eye on the line,and see how u go,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
regards jim

Back