• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Bait screws?

Not sure I get the logic that we can leave these things in the river…I don’t use them so maybe I’m getting this wrong but in my mind if the screw is tied to the hair or hook then that’s more secure than any bait stop threaded through a loop surely?
Yes, logic would suggest that's the case, Rich 👍

Fair enough, Chris 😁
Are you using the one I've linked? I've not had any problem with bait coming off - even meat.
I've dabbled in the past - the longer bank tackle ones seem to be the screw of choice for most - I've just had bad experiences (carp fishing) on long chucks so don't have confidence - can totally understand the convenience factor and with a readymade boilie, minimal issues

I've dabbled in the past - the longer bank tackle ones seem to be the screw of choice for most - I've just had bad experiences (carp fishing) on long chucks so don't have confidence - can totally understand the convenience factor and with a readymade boilie, minimal issues
Completely agree that casting a distance must raise the odds of a potential bait fly-off. I usually underarm cast, so it's unlikely to happen to me.

Back