• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Bait droppers

If you can find one

Fred Crouch baitdroppers? I just sold several unused ones, a bit lightweight for river use in my view. Nostalgic though :)

Still a big gap in the market for a long lived , well made baitdropper, my large Seymo is just about on its last legs, do use spods as well, wiil look into a spopper could save a lot of leg work .

Bought a batch of metal ones in three sizes and were very reasonably priced. I'll look them out and maybe post pictures.

has anyone come across a spod that opens when it hits the bottom of the river bed if yes could you let me know so I can get one please cheers steve

I modify my Dinsmore ones I think they are. The round metal ones I cut the stem down to as short as possible to allow the dropper to still open and replace the weight with a 2oz lead that I cut the ring of and drill a hole in the glue the lead in place..

Back