• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

bait apron

Vincent Coulson

Well, not quite an apron, but something to put maggots or casters in. Could someone recommend a brand, having trouble finding any. Cheers

Another vote for the ESP stalker pouch - would be lost without it - fantastic, well made bit of kit. 10/10!

I remember someone posting up a long time ago a small company hand making various fishing items including a bait pouch. Can anyone remember them?

Does nobody use or make maggot bags anymore ?
A bit retro I know, but I still have a few and on the rare occasions I fish the stick , I find them better than any apron or similar, as you just knot the top at the end of the session, bait is always to hand,the material keeps the maggots dry, and the bags are a doddle to washout and dry when needed.

Dave

A bit late but here is my input;)

I blagged a waiters apron from my local pub and simply unpicked the stitches between the pockets;)

Benefits are:

Free

Folds up so small that it can be carried no matter how light you are travelling

Washable

Simples:rolleyes:

I picked one up in a garden centre it was supposed to be for keeping all your gardening bits and pieces handy, but if you undo the stitching some of the pockets you are left with a good size pouch, pockets for forceps etc., and loops for a catty.
Can't remember the make, but it was less than a tenner. They also do a cracking bait bucket with pockets round the outside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Hunt View Post
I use one of these. Daiwa Supermatchman Bait Apron | eBay

Wouldn't like to try to pack that in my bag:eek:

A bit late I know but Davis Tackle still sell hand made traditional maggot pouches with either one or two pockets.

JUst looked on the website Nigel and couldn't see them, how much are they?

£4.95 for one pocket, £5.95 for the two pocket version. If it's not showing on the web just give us a call, they are definately in stock.

Back