• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Back rod rest.

Neil Rogers

Hi All
On the look out for a back rod rest that you can clip on to your chair.
Is there any thing like this somewhere out there on the market,any links or web sites would be great.

Regards
Neil

great bit of kit these and work well on any chair......recomended....;)

great bit of kit these and work well on any chair......recomended....;)

How do you get on with these 'on chair' type brackets Clive? I have never tried one because I had visions of the rod tip bouncing all over the show every time you moved, to the point where you daren't even fart :D

Cheers, Dave.

i normally have a bankstick n rest for the front and just use one on my chair for the butt rest, dont there is a little movement, but if ya chair is quite stable it dont bounce about that much. bites are easily detectable from any self movement. they are a god send for a brolly bracket,brolly sits right over you and both hands are free in storms n strong winds. :)

i normally have a bankstick n rest for the front and just use one on my chair for the butt rest, dont there is a little movement, but if ya chair is quite stable it dont bounce about that much. bites are easily detectable from any self movement. they are a god send for a brolly bracket,brolly sits right over you and both hands are free in storms n strong winds. :)

Best not to do what a mate of mine did some years back though Clive. We all went down the pub midday for a pint and a pie. on the way back we could see a line of gear floating down the river...which had him legging it back to his swim like a bat out of hell, once it dawned on him that it was his stuff :p

Silly plonker had left his brolly up to keep his stuff dry while he was gone. Once the wind got up over our extended lunch, it turned his plan into a non runner, 'cos it uprooted the brolly (which was fixed to his box) and the whole lot went into the river :D:D

Cheers, Dave.

I use the attachment on the Korum chair...there is some movement and if you were fishing the tip for minnows you might have a bit of difficulty detecting a bite....but Barbel...??? No worries there!!!!!!!!!!:):):)

Back