• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Baby barbel twisted in net

Mick Harris

No Longer a Member
Submitted: 04-03-2015
River: Yorkshire Ouse
Taken: March 2015
Email: davemaddo11@gmail.com
Additional Info:
Tony watts

I still dont see any point is keeping a small barbel twisted up in a noddy net on the ground waiting to be photographed,i see a mat but the small fish is all twisted up in the net gasping.

Sorry but no one else seemed to notice.

P

MH

I once caught a small barbel must have weighed 1 lb 8 Ozs he was the nicest barbel I have ever caught I think about him many times with his amazing colour.they all need looking after
Albert

Have you looked at the next photo Mick? With the following caption:

"Double take. My dad netted my fish then his rod hooped over and it was his pb at 10lb 3oz."

A pretty special moment for a father and son I'd say, and certainly a good reason have a two barbel in the net. Safer than quickly unhooking the small one and releasing too early in my opinion.

I don't know of many 'noddy nets' that you can get a double figure barbel in plus a 4lber!

Submitted: 04-03-2015
River: Yorkshire Ouse
Taken: March 2015
Email: davemaddo11@gmail.com
Additional Info:
Tony watts

I still dont see any point is keeping a small barbel twisted up in a noddy net on the ground waiting to be photographed,i see a mat but the small fish is all twisted up in the net gasping.

Sorry but no one else seemed to notice.

P

MH

Dear Mick Harris

I am sure the majority of people noticed that there was a picture of the double take next to the one with my dad and his pb. The small fish was mine taken first and my dad netted it just as his rod (Baitrunner on and fixed in a but grip and Y rest!) bent over. So he then played the fish in while mine was in the net (Not a noddy net, see this link)
Both fish were then rested in this more than adequate SPECIMEN NET while we set up the camera and zeroed the scales while positioning the unhooking mat. As i said in the Yorks Ouse thread we had not set up the rest of our gear when we had these fish. We had just arrived at the swim and cast out!
As far as the fish been "All twisted up and gasping" We were on a steep bank mick and the self take's took approximately 1 minute for both!!
Both fish were then taken back to the waters edge(In the noddy :eek: oops sorry 28 inch net and held upright in the flow for as long as it took to recover. This was around 2 minutes when they both began to kick and were clearly ready to go back.
I hope this reasures you that these barbel were not harmed Mick :rolleyes:

Tight Lines
Dave Maddison

Have you looked at the next photo Mick? With the following caption:

"Double take. My dad netted my fish then his rod hooped over and it was his pb at 10lb 3oz."

A pretty special moment for a father and son I'd say, and certainly a good reason have a two barbel in the net. Safer than quickly unhooking the small one and releasing too early in my opinion.

I don't know of many 'noddy nets' that you can get a double figure barbel in plus a 4lber!

Thankyou Andy ;)

Dave

Back