• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Baa

Mark Gaskell

Off fishing a few of the Birmingham waters in Sept probably the Avon temerity and maybe the Severn looking for a heads up on a few strechs please

Off fishing a few of the Birmingham waters in Sept probably the Avon temerity and maybe the Severn looking for a heads up on a few strechs please

Met up with a posse of lads from you neck of the woods last night Mark, on the Warks Avon at Pershore, Charlie Chub etc... great lads, when I left them they had a few snotties between them, not what I think they were after mind.
Loads to go at on the BAA down here, be happy to help if I can, Teme Wye Severn and Avon to fish, how long you got? :)

Charliechub

Hi Neil

Sorry I didn't introduce myself even though we chatted briefly,when I walked away I put it together who you was!
Your lad was in the swim I'd fished previous night I had a chub 5.14 on half a tin of meat !
I went towards lower limit just a 2lb chub in boilie.
I did however catch a teme pb of 11lb on Monday so all is good :)

Hi Neil

Sorry I didn't introduce myself even though we chatted briefly,when I walked away I put it together who you was!
Your lad was in the swim I'd fished previous night I had a chub 5.14 on half a tin of meat !
I went towards lower limit just a 2lb chub in boilie.
I did however catch a teme pb of 11lb on Monday so all is good :)

Same here mate, I did walk down as far as I could at dusk, but you were some way down the river as they say:rolleyes:
That 11lb Teme barbel must have made the trip worthwhile on it's own, but good to have a chat.
Oh and I shared my peg with a dead Barbel, about 8lbs, just surfaced in front of me, sad to see, and ruined my session, but at least you lads made me chuckle:D

Neil I do like a walk away from the crowds ,your not missing much down there!
Such a shame about the dead barbel there was a couple of young lads using shoddy tackle up near the weir the previous day. Hoping to get down autumn time when there's more water and flow in, wait till you meet the real not rights when they're down in September

Neil I do like a walk away from the crowds ,your not missing much down there!
Such a shame about the dead barbel there was a couple of young lads using shoddy tackle up near the weir the previous day. Hoping to get down autumn time when there's more water and flow in, wait till you meet the real not rights when they're down in September

Hope you enjoyed the visit John, I think most rivers sem to be a bit 'off' at the moment, hopefully as you say Autumn might be a better bet. Personally Roach seem to favour my pellet at the moment on the Severn, my last 16 fish from the Severn have all been Roach, and 'proper Roach too, all good fish average about a 1lb with a couple going 1.5lbs , last evening the biggest Roach so far snaffled my 14mm pellet:)

Love them though, but better on lighter gear, but as you know, as soon as I scale down, it will be the Barbel that smash me up :p

Hope you enjoyed the visit John, I think most rivers sem to be a bit 'off' at the moment, hopefully as you say Autumn might be a better bet. Personally Roach seem to favour my pellet at the moment on the Severn, my last 16 fish from the Severn have all been Roach, and 'proper Roach too, all good fish average about a 1lb with a couple going 1.5lbs , last evening the biggest Roach so far snaffled my 14mm pellet:)

Love them though, but better on lighter gear, but as you know, as soon as I scale down, it will be the Barbel that smash me up :p

This happened to me about 2 years ago. Couldn't buy a barbel for about 2 weeks so switched to meat and instantly started catching again. Not used pellet since.
Was nice to see some big roach but like you say on barbel gear just no sport to be had.

This happened to me about 2 years ago. Couldn't buy a barbel for about 2 weeks so switched to meat and instantly started catching again. Not used pellet since.
Was nice to see some big roach but like you say on barbel gear just no sport to be had.

I like meat but so do the snigs Jon, even a big lump on a size 2 get's whittled down. Whoever said Eels are in decline?
However it seems the Barbel are just not playing ball at the moment, even the Trent seems to be suffering, my theory was that while the Barbel were away, the Roach were cleaning up on the scoff?

I like meat but so do the snigs Jon, even a big lump on a size 2 get's whittled down. Whoever said Eels are in decline?
However it seems the Barbel are just not playing ball at the moment, even the Trent seems to be suffering, my theory was that while the Barbel were away, the Roach were cleaning up on the scoff?

You might not think it but there is declin in eels Neil. After the blanks I'm having while eeling you think there was none in my lake :D

That's the only problem eels. Can't get away from them on the Severn. First time I chucked half a tin of spam out after a big barbel I caught a boot lace eel.

Back