• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

B&B in Shrewsbury with fishing available.

Eddie Bray

Senior Member & Supporter
Now, I have mentioned the AirBnB that I occasionally stay at in Shrewsbury. I did recount the tale of my having slipped on the mud steps and falling in to the river at the beginning of our 1st visit. We have visited the venue twice more since.

I had a couple of small Barbel 3lb 12oz and 4lb 12 oz on our first visit and one at 10lb 2oz on our second visit, this weekend on our third visit I had a 9lb 6oz and the chap that had stayed there earlier in the week had a 9lb 12oz and a 9lb 15oz.

Having been more than a little concerned at my unfortunate dip in the river, Paul commissioned a full set of replacement steps that are absolutely bang on for the job and they have had some serious mounting and underpinning. (see the pictures below). It now gives 3 fishing options dependant on water level, The Platform, Halfway down and from the top of the Bank. I fished from the area 1/2 way down yesterday and just sat on my unhooking mat on the large step area..

Now, if you wish to stay and contact Paul Manser directly at 07940565084 it will cost you £45 a night for the use of a very nice En-suite Double Room with a basic breakfast of Cereal and Toast. There is also quite a lot to do in Shrewsbury and my Wife particularly enjoyed the guided prison tour.

River was up about 4-5 ft with the second lot of images.

Steps.jpg

Steps 0.jpg

Steps 1.jpg

Steps 2.jpg

Back