• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Avon rod - lightweight eye choice

While I’m a firm believer, that ringing patterns have a big impact on rod behavior, I don’t believe your comparison between two totally different rods in different test curves is an accurate way to determine this.
The stiffer blank will always recover faster than something softer and more though actioned despite the rings used or how they are configured
You absolutely need like for like blanks rung up differently, exactly as Paul does with his C3’s to see a true impact that the guides alone are having

Hi Richard, acknowledge it is a bit of a half baked comparison. In absence of another one though that and gut instinct is what I currently have to go off, and previously read descriptions of the 1.25lb blank. Other people’s descriptions are also only so useful, as I’ve found out in the past.

Taking action/ recovery out of it, it just doesn’t feel light to fish with in the same way as the my 1.75lb. I’d rather hold the 1.75 all day than the 1.25, given they’re the same blank size (no idea on thickness) it’s hard to put that down to anything except ringing.

Back