• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Autumn, here with a bang

Definitely starting to feel like barbel weather to me.

First visit this season to the Kennet planned for tomorrow night. Two meaty offerings on the menu, garlic spam on one rod and pepperami on't other.

Been a very hard season thus far so looking forward to some autumn / winter sport. Just gotta hope we get a mild / wet winter.

Duncan.

Yea had a session yesterday, Blanked, Nothing new there but feels like autum is here alright, it was coldish, raining and the river was rising around my feet lets hope i can nab i few before winter arrives

Definitely starting to feel like barbel weather to me.

First visit this season to the Kennet planned for tomorrow night. Two meaty offerings on the menu, garlic spam on one rod and pepperami on't other.

Been a very hard season thus far so looking forward to some autumn / winter sport. Just gotta hope we get a mild / wet winter.

Duncan.
Just gotta hope we get a mild / wet winter.
Well, it would make a nice change, the last 3 have been silly cold!:eek:

Blimey Dave, I thought I had accidentally found my way onto an entirely different forum as I read the first few post's....I was as excited as you were for a minute there :D

Back to fishing :p I am hoping you are right...the Colne Etc. really need a bit of decent rain to freshen them up. As you say, that and a nice mild winter would be perfecto :D:D

Cheers, Dave.

Autumn is most definitely here - I fished into dark on Wednesday, it poured down all evening, I got thoroughly drenched and covered in mud - had a few fish though! I am well aware that rising rivers and fresher weather will no doubt kick-start the sport on our rivers, but for anglers like me who are the wrong side of sixty, this time of year means adding layers of thermals and waddling along the riverbank like the Michelin man! This summer may not have been the greatest for barbelling but I've got some lovely memories of balmy evenings and fantastic sunsets!
2013 08 02 1Wroxeter.jpg

Last edited:
Back