• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

August Fish of the Month sponsored by Pallatrax

Vote for your favourite

• Trent 14lb

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Kennet 15lb 1oz

Votes: 18 14.6%
  • Lea 13lb 4oz

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Ure 11lb 10oz

Votes: 67 54.5%
  • Warks Avon 13lb 4oz

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Thame 15lb

Votes: 30 24.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's got to be the Thame... As Colin said, a fish that big from that river is an amazing, amazing fish. Especially as its an Oxfordshire fish! (Not many of them left anymore.)

Ure fish gets my vote - some fine specimens, well done to all.

Regards

Les

Very tough choice choice between the Thame fish and the Ure fish. They are both river records and congratulations to them both. My choice went to the Ure fish a beautiful river I have fished a few times.

August Fish-of-the-Month

I'm torn between the Thames & Ure river record fish but have voted for the Ure capture. Great colour on this one and a real tough river,
Mike

Luke's Kennet fish for me. One of many i seem to recall. Proper red letter day.

Ure fish for me too, although I'm reliably informed, by a Ure regular, it's not the biggest Barbel from the Ure by some distance.

The Ure fish for me the smallest & lightest fish of the competition but the biggest and best achievement IMO. Nice presentation of the fish as well. Well done that man.

Congratulations to Gage Whyte who has won a super prize courtesy of Pallatrax.

Thanks to all that voted, and to Pallatrax for sponsoring the competition.

Cheers,

Andy F

Back