• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Areo 5010 spare spools wanted

• Thread starter Deleted member 3320
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3320

Looking for one or two nice condition spools would love mint as the reel is in lovely condition but beggars can not be choosers.

The ones you want to be looking for are S7 and S7.5 they are used on a lot of older 90’s shimano reels like the gtm4010, match111, HS and the 5010 baitrunners etc.
originally it would of come with 2 spools and 1 of them would of had a chromed lip.
eBay you’ll find afew I’m sure

I might have one or two spare S7 spools….will have a check for you.
I have a couple, but they are old and battered. And they are the early non-metallic ones.

There are a few on eBay and they look nicer than mine !

If S7’s fit, then MS-4 spools will fit too - the shallow match spool.

I used to do nearly all my fishing with 3x 4000 fighting drag reels for legering and 2x match 3 reels for float fishing. The fact that all the spools interchanged was a huge advantage. They covered all my fishing from 2lb to 12lb line. Still got them, but they are slowly being retired !

Sadly not for sale, but I've got 17. The spools fit the Supermatch RE of which I've got 5, and 3 5010s All spooled up with differing lines for when I matched fished.

There's always some for sale on eBay.

Last edited:
I have a couple, but they are old and battered. And they are the early non-metallic ones.

There are a few on eBay and they look nicer than mine !

If S7’s fit, then MS-4 spools will fit too - the shallow match spool.

I used to do nearly all my fishing with 3x 4000 fighting drag reels for legering and 2x match 3 reels for float fishing. The fact that all the spools interchanged was a huge advantage. They covered all my fishing from 2lb to 12lb line. Still got them, but they are slowly being retired !
Yeah the ms4 spools do fit em aswell.
You don’t get much 0.35 on one of those mind 🤣

Can anyone comment on the difference between the 4010 and 5010 I have both side by side and other than the number they look identical

Back