• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Are you happy to pay to watch fishing videos?

I might be inclined to pay a little if one company had a group of anglers i liked, but they're all over the place. You need anglers who can 'tell' a story. Hearn is the best at it, without actually really trying...

I might be inclined to pay a little if one company had a group of anglers i liked, but they're all over the place. You need anglers who can 'tell' a story. Hearn is the best at it, without actually really trying...
Dave Lane is brilliant imo. Every bit as good an angler as Terry Hearn, but a bit more rounded, and a lot funnier.

I find watching more and more of the older 90s/00s on YouTube lately as the new stuff has become tiresome.

I always check weekly for new Barbel / Chub videos and there are so many anglers now who Vlog and churn out the same old stuff. They basically sit on the same stretch, all use the same rigs and it gets a bit Groundhog Day’ish after a while.

There must be at least another x20 barbel YT channels vs. what there was in May.

I’ve stopped watching Danny, The Avon Angler (nice bloke and I’m in one of his vids somewhere on the Avon) and the Ginger Fisherman as they got a bit repetitive. Hats off to them though as I know how much effort is put in offscreen.

I still like RiverFoss, Micks Barbel Adventures, Nick Marsh (LOTB) and of course the Drennan videos. Still watch C&A too.

The best ones for me still are the Stewart Morgan / Guy Robb series, I must watch these a couple of times a month easy. It’s a shame they didn’t make anymore but appreciate they put hours of footage into the three they did make and I dread to think how long the editing took.

Martins videos are always good but need to be longer. His Jurassic video is brilliant and I booked off the back of watching it (amazing place if you haven’t been, I’m not a carp angler and loved it and have rebooked for 2024). In contrast, I switched of Alan Blair’s new Jurassic video after 20mins.

Korum videos are well made but IMO are full of products that have been designed to fix problems that aren’t there. Appreciate they’re out to make £££ though.

In answer to the original question…no I wouldn’t pay to access content behind a pay-wall.

Back