• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Apologies !!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Worley

All the accused you know who you are can post your apologies below

been Barbel fishing since I was about 19 am 58 now so best part of 40 years.

had the best day of my life the other week only to have some <moderator edit>accuse me of Lying!!!!!!!

not some <moderator edit> walter mitty merchant.

All/any of the pics I have taken and put on here are from the Old Mill. anyone that fishes there will recognise the place straight away so no secrets there.

anyone that goes there will no me ( bells ).

Last edited by a moderator:
I can understand the frustration that you feel James.
However, I've edited your post in the meantime, let's see how things pan out.

Cheers
Bob

Sadly ,James,the site is full of delusional keyboard warriors who rarely fish,but post for bites,usually the only ones they ever get,who think that Barbel are the only fish worth catching,and often treat other species with complete disdain.

<edited by Andy F>

Will you get an apology ,doubtful,James,but you know what you caught,so publish and be dammed ,and very sorry one man has once again tainted the site.
Sincerely,
The Pons

I wouldn't say the site is 'full' of keyboard warriors Chris! We have over 1200 members and a tiny proportion of those are troublemakers.

I don't think is the place to continue your ongoing spat with Graham so will edit your post.

Regards,

Andy F

There are those who just cradle a fish and there are those who present the fish to the camera for that special trophy shot. Which ever you choose can add or subtract pounds from the perceived weight of the fish.
If I show a pic of a 8-9lb barbel to my mates they will always estimate it at about 1 and 1/2 to 2 lbs, makes me laugh, try and think of it in the same way.
I like to rest the fish lightly on my ample beer belly, think it makes the fish feel supported and secure.
Enjoy your fishing James
Shaun

"Having seen about 500 barbel a season for the past few.":)

I remember Fred Crouch (ABE Days) stating that a pic of an angler holding a barbel on the front page of Angling Times was in fact... 'Dead'.
The angler was crucified for a good while, until he heard about it, and he and witnesses to the capture came forward and stated that it was not the case, and the fish was returned quite healthy.
'Sorry' about that was the only forthcoming reply, but the damage had already been done to the angler's reputation and probably caused severe stress at the time in proving his innocence.

Hello James and all BFW's if I have made a mistake then I apologise directly to you James and anyone else I may have misled. My unreserved apologies James.

Last edited:
Hello James

Just looked at the picture in the gallery to see what all the fuss was about, and it looks like a goodun to me. Congratulations on a cracking fish. You know what you caught, and that is what matters, and the look on your face says it all for me. Not what some unpleasent little stirer insinuates. It is just a shame that such unpleasentness was allowed to go on for so long.

ATB
Colin

p.m. James

p.m. Andy F.

It's funny how those with an axe to grind can infer I said anything at all about James' Fish or Picture.

In fact if they would care to read it, I have cleary said it's nothing to do with any front page picture or photo changes or infered picture changes. I would expect the Moderators to take action against the personal nature of Mr Ponsfords post.

Graham

Dunno anything about James' fish (pic), but I can categorically state that Graham's thread on "The Camera....." was not referring to him or his fish.

He sent me a p.m. asking my opinion on a particular fish pic, which wasn't James'.

If I was asked "cold", I might have opined that James' pic might have had the colours tweaked a little (?) (I'm not saying they were!), something I've done myself when it makes a better portrait, or the original wasn't taken under ideal conditions (e.g. the sun in the wrong position, shadows etc).

Nowt wrong with that, the rags do it every week with probably the majority of photos sent in. They've certainly done it with some of mine. :D

Stand tall James, it's a great fish and a good photo. :cool:

Last edited:
Thanks Simon. As I said, James request for an apology has let a couple of people who don't like me (and more to come maybe :D) with a reason to try and twist things.

The main thrust of my comment (see the title) was that some pictures definately make certain fish look far smaller than the weight claimed. ie does the camera lie or not.

If James (who I have I have communicated with in the past) can say that I indicated in ANY WAY that I refered to his picture, I would gladly apologise.

Meanwhile I would ask that the moderators take out the libelous statement from Ponsford straight away, even though it says far more about him than me.

Graham

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back