• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Anyone Tried this "Action Camera"

Hi men,

Looks very much like the one Sue uses when she is out riding her horses . They are copy's of copy's :D if you see what i mean , taken from GoPro . Sues stuff comes out clear , easy to use , and we paid about the same amount . What i did do was buy a cheap headtorch , took off the torch , and mounted the camera onto it , giving a really easy way of slipping it on and off your head . Cant lose at that money .

Hatter

That looks very similar to the ones they sell in home bargains for £27.00. Has all the same mountain bits.

I expect you will find there’s lots of them out there that are the same just with different logos. Lots of Chinese stuff is like that, you can buy batches of stuff and have your branding/logo on it.

Just out of interest, although I stress it's not something that I'd ever want to do, is this the sort of camera that these guys use for making their Youtube videos?

Just out of interest, although I stress it's not something that I'd ever want to do, is this the sort of camera that these guys use for making their Youtube videos?

in a word YES some of them but some also use their phones and get amazing results
I dont do fishing ones
but I sometimes help a pal and I use this lol

One tip to anyone thinking of doing this to vlog on YouTube, make sure your audio is of a standard at least equivalent to the footage. Inbuilt mics on cameras are rarely (if ever) of a good enough quality. You may be filming in HD/4K, but without clear audio, it will be frustrating to view.

There’s plenty on eBay for around the £40 mark and some come with a watch type two button strap that you can press to take pics or start a recording which is very handing when taking pics of yourself as you can set the camera to 10 second delay walk to your landing net get the fish out ready press the button on your wrist grab the fish and take a proper photo.
Iv used them for downhill mountain biking and on my full face helmet for go karting and the picture even at 40mpg is very good.obviously not as crisp as a GoPro but your not paying silly amounts.my made has the same camera that fell off his helmet at around 30+mph and it still recorded whilst rolling down the track and had minimal damage to the casing.
Very good cameras for the price.

Back