• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Another which brolly thread....

Haydn Clarke

Senior Member & Supporter
Chaps and chappesses, apologies for starting another which thread, but given that I own far more tackle than any one man should rightfully own, I have long since stopped looking at tackle retailer add and website. Nevertheless, I find myself needed a new brolly but have a few specific requirements.

Firstly, the banks on the river I fish are rather steep and have very tight swims. Mainly, the brolly would be used for these circumstances, so it miust be one that the central pole can either be removed entirely or tilted fully back and out of the way. Occassionally, for elsewhere, it would be nice to me able to use an over-wrap, if one is avaible. Weight is not too critical as I don't usually need to walk too far with it. Build quality and fabric thickness is important, and I only want to buy this once, so I don't mind getting a more expensive option.

So far, I've seen two that seem the most obvious: the Fox 60" super brolly and the Korum graphite Brolly. Has anyone used either of these and have an opinion on how well they stack up against each other? I see the Korum has additional side sheets, which is always nice, but the Fox seems to have the option to remove the central pole and re-attach further up on the central hub.

Are there any others I should take a look at ? Or an opinion on either of the two mentioned above and how well made they are would be much appreciated.

Haydn , the Fox 60 incher is massive , it fits your bill re the pole requirement but it is heavy . I tried opening mine on a breezy day and very nearly had a Mary Poppins type flight experience

Back