• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Another new member Hello

Mark Kingston

Senior Member & Supporter
Just put this up to say hi.

Got back into fishing in September after a 20 year break. Fished a couple of lakes but much prefer the river at the minute. Im in Northamptonshire and mainly fish the nene. I know its not the greatest place for barbel but i do like a challenge, I know they are there few and far between. I have been invited to the trent at collingham next year so if all else falls ill have to wait till then.

Welcome Mark :)

Just put this up to say hi.

Got back into fishing in September after a 20 year break. Fished a couple of lakes but much prefer the river at the minute. Im in Northamptonshire and mainly fish the nene. I know its not the greatest place for barbel but i do like a challenge, I know they are there few and far between. I have been invited to the trent at collingham next year so if all else falls ill have to wait till then.
There’s plenty of sport to be had on the Nene if your prepared to give it a bash and wade through the blank days. Join up on the PDAA and Nene anglers clubs as they have the access to the better barbel areas on the river. The main river and backwaters around caster and Alwalton are quite popular stretches among barbel anglers but there is a lot of the Nene that doesn’t get much barbel anglers attention at all and they do produce big rewards for those that dare to stray from the pack to try these untapped areas.

Back