• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

ANOTHER landing net thread, groan.

David,
I've been using the Korum 30" folding spoon net for the past season or so and it really is very very good. Very strong, free flow mesh, light and easy to assemble with one folding action. More then man enough to cope with the biggest of double figure fish!! The only down side is that I've been after another one now for months for a friends birthday present and cannot get one for toffee!
Korum do make some great tackle etc but their stock levels are rubbish at best!!
Hope that helps..

Thanks for your thoughts again gentlemen. Ade, forget the net...I just want the fish you are catching :D Clive, Chris and Kevin, The nets you recommend are termed as folding nets I agree....but I want the spoon frame itself to fold, to make them easier to carry in that sense. Sean, that is cruel...you have at last convinced me that the Korum net really is the one to have, so go for it....then tell me they are unavailable :D I am not saying I am an unlucky person...but if I developed a weird passion for treading in dog poo, you wouldn't find any for miles :D

I must say, searching the web I have come across a number of the 22" versions for sale, so much so I began to convince myself that I must have imagined seeing the 30" size initially, but after reading your post, I guess it was just that size that was out of stock. No matter, I will find one eventually. Many thanks lads, a great bunch of helpful people one and all.

By the way, my back or something has gone, so I have been unable to walk for the past week, which makes searching even more of a pita :D If I don't improve by the 16th, I will be like a bear with a sore head, my wife will probably go and live with my daughter for a while :p

Cheers, Dave.

One last thing Sean (and other owners). Do you consider the Korum net to be deep enough for successfully resting a barbel ? So many nets these days have a net deep enough to land a fish...but thats it. No doubt you could replace the net part if need be, but it would be nice if it started out OK.

Cheers, Dave.

Last edited:
Dave, I'm pretty sure my local has them in stock, they will post so no need to cross the border

Tredegar Angling Centre

Mark, when I type 'Korum 30" folding landing net' into their search engine, it cuts that down to 'Korum 30'once you click the search button...then states 'No items found, please try later'. Not sure if their PC is down, or they just don't have them in stock?

Cheers, Dave.

Last edited:
Dave, were a bit behind over here and they've only just started with internet trading. Give them a ring tomorrow and I'm sure they'll sort you out.

Back