• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Aldi

Damn! Forgot to go today . . . .according to some sources the bib and brace is v good value!

I had an Aldi Crane stalking bag with a hard base for several years until the mice chewed it - it was about £6.99 and EXACTLY the same bag (barring the Crane logo) as a Chub bag that had an RRP of £30+ . . . .will go and have a gander at what's left tomorrow . . .

Got the bib and brace and the neoprene boots. The boots are an older version so I can’t speak for the ones one sale now but both them and the bib and brace have been excellent value.

If I remember correctly the b&b sizes are a bit small.

I have the bib and brace in large and the coat in xl from two years ago. I am an average sort of size, not really a large but the smaller sizes were too tight. They have both been excellent, still being completely waterproof. Last year I bought replacements, expecting to be using them by now. They are still in their packaging. I use both all winter and just the coat in summer. They are very warm.

To sum up, better, longer lasting and cheaper than anything else I have ever used.

Get along there quickly!! 🙂

Yup! Have the Bib ‘n’ Brace, windproof, waterproof VERY budget friendly, will buy again BUT beware the material does not breathe ! Last autumn on the Trent I went on a bit of a route march wearing mine and pushing a loaded barrow with all the gear for a three day stay. When I got to my swim I was very damp with condensation on the inside. Providing you are not going yomping they are the dogs b*****ks for the money.

Couldn't be arsed to go to a store and rummage about so ordered it on line and got free delivery with free returns. I have hundreds of coats it was just the bottoms I was after. So with all the good reviews on here I brought some other clothing.

Guarantee as soon as they arrive we have a heat wave. The only draw back is I can't go lake fishing in them as their not camo 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Off down to the store today, hopefully there will be a jacket that fits me, I already have two pairs of the bib and brace, the jackets last year were on the small side, hopefully there will be an xl availsble this time.

Dave

. . .any skier barbelists on this site? I have a huge collection of Aldi Silk/Merino blend ski socks that are exactly the same as the v expensive Falke variants . . great fishing socks as well . . .one for next winter (when I'll hopefully be skiing, not creating combi rigs . . )

Yup! Have the Bib ‘n’ Brace, windproof, waterproof VERY budget friendly, will buy again BUT beware the material does not breathe ! Last autumn on the Trent I went on a bit of a route march wearing mine and pushing a loaded barrow with all the gear for a three day stay. When I got to my swim I was very damp with condensation on the inside. Providing you are not going yomping they are the dogs b*****ks for the money.
Do you not find they rustle a lot Bill?

Well, got the XL , which is just a comfortable fit ,not much room for many layers underneath but is ok with a padded shirt , fleece and the salopettes so not complaining .
Size wise I am 6 ft, 43 inch chest and 38 waist in case anybody is thinking of getting one.

David

I got the fishing onesie which I wear under joggers and a hoody and jacket in winter. Love it cause it keeps the breeze of your back

Well, got the XL , which is just a comfortable fit ,not much room for many layers underneath but is ok with a padded shirt , fleece and the salopettes so not complaining .
Size wise I am 6 ft, 43 inch chest and 38 waist in case anybody is thinking of getting one.

David
I'm an inch taller than you David but otherwise the same size . . .just bought the XL B&B and a pair of the joggers for £19.99 all in. . .did they get the price wrong at the till . . .? Got lucky with the B&B - last one!

I'm an inch taller than you David but otherwise the same size . . .just bought the XL B&B and a pair of the joggers for £19.99 all in. . .did they get the price wrong at the till . . .? Got lucky with the B&B - last one!

I think they must have got something wrong there Chris, but hey, who is complaining ?

I paid the full price, but at those prices for proved angling clothing we cannot go wrong methinks.. my Bib and brace has been used on the beach, on boats when chartering, on rivers and the occasional still water in all kinds of conditions , always kept me warm and dry, so in three years it has paid for itself several times over compared to some of the stuff you see that is subject to “Carp Tax” plus I have a spare unopened pair .

I hope your joggers and B&B are as long lasting !

David

I think they must have got something wrong there Chris, but hey, who is complaining ?

I paid the full price, but at those prices for proved angling clothing we cannot go wrong methinks.. my Bib and brace has been used on the beach, on boats when chartering, on rivers and the occasional still water in all kinds of conditions , always kept me warm and dry, so in three years it has paid for itself several times over compared to some of the stuff you see that is subject to “Carp Tax” plus I have a spare unopened pair .

I hope your joggers and B&B are as long lasting !

David
I've just donned my Bib & Brace and paraded around the kitchen much to the distaste of the dog . . . . . really impressed! Haven't been a B&B kind of guy since the days of my ye olde Sundridge 2 piece but seeing that winters will see me down t' river more frequently it looks v good and well made compared to some of the taxed variants . . .

Had to buy XXL joggers - they are mahoosive but will be perfectly shrunk in the dryer once 'she that must be obeyed' gets her mits on them . . .

Do you not find they rustle a lot Bill?
Hi Joe,
When they were new they were a bit stiff and rustly but after a couple of wears the material relaxes and they are not so bad, mind you it helps with me going deaf 🤣 I’m not deer stalking or creeping round catching poachers in them so find them ok. Well worth the money compared against the “names” but do bear in mind that they do not breathe.
Regards
Bill

I’d be weary of the neoprene boots. My mate has some that he was happy with until I sent him into the river to net a fish for me as it was quite shallow in the margins and he found out that they leak lol

Back