• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Aldi fishing tackle this Sunday 4th

The socks are really good quality,at a reasonable price,if they have the soft lining inside,(they do say lined).Similar boot socks can be a tenner or more in camping/outdoor shops.Got a couple of pairs last year and they were very comfortable

Hmm....do you go for maximum attraction bait or ultimate performance?!

The t-shirts are great value.

Highly recommend the L.E.D. caps. Fantastic value, ( £3.99 ) and a brilliant bit of kit for anyone who night fishes. Also a must for anyone who works nights, i use mine for checking the water/oil levels on my cab. I,ve had the same camo one for a couple of years, but still buy a couple of spares when they come around, just in case :D. Think i,ve got about 6 now. :)

Cannot fault the bag for a tenner makes an excellent roving bag well worth it.Only trouble is I came out with twenty quids worth of other tat which is totally US.Buyer beware as they say.

The heavy duty DIY boxes for twelve quid make excellent lure boxes for jerks and plugs. They are good all round boxes actually.

I bought the small sized fishing bag/holdall. Very similar to the Chub one but a third of the price. Also the baseball cap with the LEDS in the peak. All I need now is the time to go fishing. :(

I've taken a punt on the boots and the trousers, time will tell but they seem ok for the money, might last a season or two. Got a couple more t-shirts as well.

Cheers Gavin, for the advance notice given to all on BFW. Got 4 pairs of the lined socks and the small roving bag.Still plenty of stock in the Hounslow branch.

Asked my wife to get me the bag from the Heswall branch today. She called tonight to say that it had gone through at £4. Being a Yorkshireman I'd call that a result!

Went to Aldi this morning to buy Bunty's bubbly, but I did buy socks, neoprene socks and a pair of trousers

Superb value all round.

Regards,

Hugo

Back