• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Aldi fishing gear ...

Also got a spare pair of the bib n brace, and another food flask, they are superb for a ready hot meal on the bank, especially in this weather. Have had all sorts in mine, hot chicken balti curry, chili con carni, mini sausages and beans. Recent trips have been like a scene from Blazing Saddles. :D:eek::D;):D:p:D. Wonder why my mates don't like fishing too close to me. :D:p:eek:. Gonna look like the Michelin man in my bib n brace. Homemade central heating. :eek::p:p:p:eek:

Last edited:
Ordered the bib and brace which arrived yesterday, seems well made and warm, and the XL fits ok (6.1 and 16 stone, 34" inside leg) if not a bit loose round waist/chest....but one gripe is they seem very 'rustley' which is a bug bear of mine, I like to hear what's going on around me (bird song etc) when walking the bank not my clothes rustling!

But for the price they are good value I suppose.

Ordered the bib and brace which arrived yesterday, seems well made and warm, and the XL fits ok (6.1 and 16 stone, 34" inside leg) if not a bit loose round waist/chest....but one gripe is they seem very 'rustley' which is a bug bear of mine, I like to hear what's going on around me (bird song etc) when walking the bank not my clothes rustling!

But for the price they are good value I suppose.
Know what you mean about the ‘rustling ‘ Joe...but mine quietened down somewhat after a few soakings and bit of wear

I love their neoprene gloves
they are Camo and now in different sizes AMEN ! before they used to be green and one size only but were too small for my big hands I wore them in the week when I went metal detecting it was -5 and my hands were warm as toast the index finger and thumb fold back so you can do things without taking them off best £4.99 you will spend

Just a quick heads up, in case you arent aware.....

I know its getting warm, and you are unlikley to be wearing Aldi Padded salopettes for a while.... I was wearing mine yesterday out at sea, and was suprised To find a couple of pockets in them that even after owning a pair for quite some time I did not know about . Well Hidden and they do not appear to be mentioned on the packaging..
They are either side of the front braces on the "Bib " on the very edge of the material, one either side , no zips, but they close with velcro ...
image.jpg

I must do another search, there may be more !

David

Im very short for my weight

They are either side of the front braces on the "Bib " on the very edge of the material, one either side , no zips, but they close with velcro ...

David

I found them in March this year, after wearing them for over 12 months (no, not constantly:rolleyes:) ...it was blowing a gale and I went to slip my hands under the front bib ... and a finger found its way into one of those 'secret' pockets! Yeah, well useful :)

Back