• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Aldi chopped ham/pork and bacon grill

Mark Swaby

Just been shopping in a local Aldis and saw that the large tins of Hunters bacon grill and chopped ham and pork was down to 69p from 99p .I have no idea of the Quality but maybe someone knows if its any good.

Last edited:
Might have to try it. I brought some ye olde oak hotdogs to try the other day from the 99p shop by me. I noticed asda have got some fiery chilly ones for a quid at the min I think which I recon would be better. Gonna go grab some tomorrow if they are still on offer

14102640_10154438048581228_1044408229671114115_n.jpg

works fine... eels also really love it. Stock up while it's cheap! :D

I use olde oak hotdogs and Bacon grill from Tesco. Both £1.00 each. Had good results with both. Also just bought a 25kg bag of Paprika from the local Indian cash and carry for £7.50 At the moment my store cupboard looks and smells like am starting a road side cafe :)

I use olde oak hotdogs and Bacon grill from Tesco. Both £1.00 each. Had good results with both. Also just bought a 25kg bag of Paprika from the local Indian cash and carry for £7.50 At the moment my store cupboard looks and smells like am starting a road side cafe :)

:eek::eek::eek:

That's 30p a kilo. I pay £1.50 for one of the little glass tubs from the supermarket. :(

Well I've just been and bought some on these recommendations, a bargain really and it can't be worse than plumrose luncheon meat!

Tried the bacon grill last night, got a nice smokey smell to it, made me want to try it myself. Nice and firm for hooking and casting, had plenty of knocks but didn't catch, can't knock it for 69p.

i find the cheaper the can of luncheon the more fat and emulsified rinds the levels are, this in turn makes it more bouyant, real spam always sinks to the bottom

Back