• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Aldi bargain bag

Julian Marshall

Popped in today & a lot of the fishing stuff left was at about 60% original price. I got a small bag which will be ideal for wandering around with.
£5.99 from £10.99 which seems a good price for something which at the moment seems decent enough quality. They also had some `cool` bags for boilies & bait.
Picture shows the sort of size - my old Avon scales are on the top.
Full review in 10 years.

Attachments

• bag.jpg
    bag.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 318
got 2 of the aldi ones last year perfect for me can get all the gear in one bag then just carry a bucket in one of those carp type bucket carriers and chuck the bait and feeders in that

Crikey! £36.99 - I`ll get the missus to embroider something on it - don`t want to appear a cheapskate!

you can always pick off the stitched on Crane label..not that I would be so shallow 'coughs'

I have 4, two for different species kit and two spares, perfect size for me, small enough to enforce some tackle discipline too, versatile enough for everything you need. weighsling and scales in the bottom, spools of line in the top, leads and feeders in the side pockets, all other tackle in the main compartment.

Yeah, I got one, too. My old man has the Chub version and he looked a bit crestfallen when I told him it was identical to the cheap'n'cheerful Aldi bag. :)

Had mine for a few years after realizing that my old Korum bag was just far too big to be using on the river. Not had any problems with loose stitching or anything. Only thing to have gone on mine is that some of the mesh netting pockets have started to tear but with the amount of stuff I've crammed into them it ain't any wonder.

Picked one up yesterday in my local Aldi (Romsey) - they only had three left and very little else apart from about half a dozen coconut flavour boilie dips...

Mine was a tad more expensive at £7.99 (presumably the reductions are at the store manager's discretion) but still good value and I hope to put it to good use in the coming months/years.

Dave

Back