• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Aldi bag is back - £15

I have had mine for around 12 to 13 years, possibly longer, and it is still going strong. The main interior compartment is just the right size to take a Greys compartment box plus a similar sized box for leads and feeders. That leaves the lower compartment for rig boxes, bait dropper, pva tube and there are two smaller pockets for the alarm and other bits and pieces.

Can't fault it. 👍

Knackered one in with years of over filling lasted for ages , got one good as new off tebay hope lasts as long great product for peanuts .

Popped down to Aldi in Wadebridge this morning, found one , bought one 👍 Looks ideal for a stay put session. Its big enough to get all my gear in plus a bait bag as well.

It is a bit larger than I needed but a better size than the Korum one I had as a pressie last year , the Korum was just too small for my stuff but OK for roaming .

For Fifteen quid I expected something less well made but it looks fine, time will tell .

What is it about bags, I must have a good half dozen or more !

David

I've had one for 6 years can't complain about the quality, all the zips are still working fine.
Don't like it as much as I could though, because of all the zips. Drives me crazy. I use it as a base camp in the car to hold boxes of spinners and plugs.

There is a Dutch chain called Action with branches across Europe, possibly in the UK too. They have a very similar bag to the Aldi Crane daybag, but it has a drop front flap and three or four drawers for lures. Looks like the same sort of quality and the €15 price tag is way below similar branded bags.

I wish Lidl would bring back their brilliant small holdall with the 6 boxes in the pockets, the bag is superb for the roaming or static Barbel angler.

I purchased 2 about 10 years ago and they are now starting to show their age, much sturdier and better made than Aldi equivalent which I rarely use.

Sounds like they may have reduced the quality. The thing about the earlier bags was that the zips were better than some other and more expensive brands I could mention. I still have the zips and tags intact after a lot of use over many years.

Hope they refund without any problem.

Back