• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Albert Watkinson

Goodbye mate, i hope i can enjoy fishing for as long as you managed,
you always knew the joys of life and how to enjoy the share you got.
maybe will will meet up in another place, .....j.w

Albert's daughter broke the sad news to me just before I saw this post. I think Albert really was one of the nice guys of angling, and he and his dear wife supported each other so much. I think when she passed away, Albert was devastated beyond words...and that makes it so much harder to keep up the struggle.

RIP Albert old mate, a lot of people will miss you dear man.

Dave.

Always enjoyed his humour and his posts
My condolences to his family and friends
RIP Albert

Really sorry to hear this sad news. Albert was a lovely bloke, a long time bfw stalwart and will be sorely missed by many. Thoughts are with his family and friends. RIP mate.

My only post to Albert was after his loss. At the time we had just lost my Mum. Then my Dad died earlier this year, so its very sad to hear that Albert has now passed away too. I hope he's now in a better place. RIP.

Many thanks to you all for your kind messages . Reading them have been a great comfort to Albert,s family .
Warmest regards
Debbie Watkinson

Back