• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Albert Watkinson

Damian Kimmins

It is with a heavy heart that I let you all know that we lost our dear old friend Albert Watkinson just this last week.
RIP Albert old chum, you will be sorely missed.

Oh dear, such a nice chap was Albert. RIP old fella

Hi men ,

I had a few pm messages with him , always nice comments about Sue fishing , sad news , but the rivers are better where he is going !.

Hatter

I'm very sorry to read that.

I note his posts had become fewer and fewer over the last year since his wife past away, which was around about his time last year. As Albert was a fellow Cheshire based angler, I always made a point of reading his posts which were always full of common sense. He posted a lot on FM in the early days.

Albert was the only angler I know of that had two 5lb + plus Chub out of the River Dane - no mean feat of angling that, especially as it was over 10 years ago.

RIP Albert.

Such sad news about Albert he was a very nice guy always willing with advice, he badly missed his other half when she passed lets hope that they have found each other Again...

R.I.P. Albert it was a pleasure to have known you.

I hardly post on here these days but am very saddened to hear of Albert's passing.

RIP old friend, hope the chub are playing ball for you up there x

Such sad news, I never met Albert but have corresponded with him a number of times over the last decade about all things fishing. RIP Albert.

Sad news. Condolences to his family.

On a positive note, this site leaves a trail that can be picked up by future generations, so Albert's posts and those of others who have sadly left us, live on.

Back