• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Alan Brown Hitchin11’ 6” glassfibre rod

Julian Marshall

Hopefully of interest to a glass rod enthusiast on here :

It may be an early rod & a `special order` with the graphics on the butt.

I’ve decided to put it up for sale due to lack of use & it seems a shame it isn’t being enjoyed by someone who would appreciate it.

I’ve added some extra photos to help judge condition but I would describe it as very good.

The rings & whippings are all fine, the rod has only a thin final varnish coat so the threads are just protected rather than heavily covered. There are some small nicks in the varnish from use over the years.

The cork is lovely & clean & the handle as slim as my old cane MkIV Avon.

I’ve measured the test curve as best I can & think 1 1/4 to 1/1/2 lb is about right.

I’ve tried to establish an idea of value by a browse around & find some dealer prices a little surprising so I’ll see if there is any interest at £110.

I would like to sell in person rather than pack in a tube & send with a courier – the best price with UPS seems to be approx £30 & that’s what I would charge.

If you are interested please let me now & I’ll try & supply any other info you might require. Many thanks, Julian

Attachments

• ab1.JPG
    ab1.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 69
  • ab2.JPG
    ab2.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 68
  • ab4.JPG
    ab4.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 68
  • ab5.JPG
    ab5.JPG