• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Advice on new rods

The trouble now is , I might have to get another pair of reels …
I might be able to help you there if your not specifically after a baitrunner.

I’m currently completely rebuilding a pair of daiwa SS850’s. They are getting the upgrades too on the clutches and I’m looking at balancing up the rotors on this pair to make them feel even nicer

Proper old school Japanese reels. They’ll be ready when my needed parts arrive next
IMG_1534.jpeg

I might be able to help you there if your not specifically after a baitrunner.

I’m currently completely rebuilding a pair of daiwa SS850’s. They are getting the upgrades too on the clutches and I’m looking at balancing up the rotors on this pair to make them feel even nicer

Proper old school Japanese reels. They’ll be ready when my needed parts arrive next View attachment 25330
I think I’m gonna slick to 4000 bait runners Richard , that’s what I’m used to , thanks buddy .

I will , I’ve got every size bai runners , I got a pair of 6000’s doing nothing, I think they may be too big 🤷🏻‍♂️
You selling the 6000s ?
I’ve just sold some 4000Ds to fund bigger reels

You selling the 6000s ?
I’ve just sold some 4000Ds to fund bigger reels
Bugger , we could’ve done a swop . I may well sell them . I’ll wait til my new rods arrive (😊😊) and I’ll see how they feel , I suspect they’ll be too big . If you’d like I’ll message you . ? Ok with that Kevin .

Bugger , we could’ve done a swop . I may well sell them . I’ll wait til my new rods arrive (😊😊) and I’ll see how they feel , I suspect they’ll be too big . If you’d like I’ll message you . ? Ok with that Kevin .
Yup sounds good 👍

What rods did you have before Craig?
Hello Nick , I got a Shimano classic barbel , twin tip 1-75 , fox twin tip 1-75 , a Korum barbel 2tc, a Korum barbel quiver 2-5 tc , and 2 Korum big river 2-75 tc .
I’ve been a match angler since I was 14/15 , and got fed up with it 5/6 years ago . So I’m new to barbel fishing, and what rods / reels work .
Couldn’t stand catching deformed carp anymore, sad way to spend a Sunday .

Hello Nick , I got a Shimano classic barbel , twin tip 1-75 , fox twin tip 1-75 , a Korum barbel 2tc, a Korum barbel quiver 2-5 tc , and 2 Korum big river 2-75 tc .
I’ve been a match angler since I was 14/15 , and got fed up with it 5/6 years ago . So I’m new to barbel fishing, and what rods / reels work .
Couldn’t stand catching deformed carp anymore, sad way to spend a Sunday .
One of these , great rod , and I’ve caught some crackers on it

Attachments

• IMG_2132.png
    IMG_2132.png
    651.3 KB · Views: 87
Back