• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Advice on new rods

Craig Lea

Senior Member & Supporter
Looking for 2 new rods , 2lb tc , just seen these , anyone use them ? Can recommend them ? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2106.png
    IMG_2106.png
    388.4 KB · Views: 250
Oh no , we could be after the same rods 😳
Nooo I have a pair I’m just interested in how much they go for
Yeah it’s a decent price I paid around £700 for my Mark Tunley built Torrixs

Nooo I have a pair I’m just interested in how much they go for
Yeah it’s a decent price I paid around £700 for my Mark Tunley built Torrixs
Wow , i think I’ll go for these , I just like to hold a rod and get a feel for it before I buy usually, but someone else said the same as you , so I’ll go for it . Thanks

Wow , i think I’ll go for these , I just like to hold a rod and get a feel for it before I buy usually, but someone else said the same as you , so I’ll go for it . Thanks
I have these rods built by the same guy but mine are 12’
That’s a fair deal and brilliant build quality

Hi Craig, you're coming to Graham's fish-in in a couple of weeks, if you hang on you can have a look and a 'waggle' of some very nice rods. You could make a decision then.

Good to know
I’m wanting a builder for some Chimera 3s
I’ll message him 👍
They were 2nd hand but new and unused bought from a member on here, so I didn't deal with him personally but the member spoke very highly of him
Just a really nice, unfussy build finished beautifully. Similar to Dave Lumb rods.
Only thing I would have changed if I had specc'd them would have been hook keepers, but I've put some aftermarket ones on which do the job fine.

Good advice Nick , although I think I’m too impatient 😂😂
Rods are soooo subjective. Just look at the threads on here
I've had a pair for well over a year, used them once last season and didn't particularly gel with them, so they've been sat looking pretty and gathering dust.
I had a poor session using tried and tested Chimera 3s a couple of weeks ago( loads of hook pulls) and it properly dented my confidence, so more out of curiosity I decided to use the 2lb Torrix on the next session. Nothing more than that.
The planets aligned and I had a bumper session so the rods got a proper workout and i couldn't believe how I hadn't been using them and would have probably sold them if someone wanted them bad.
For me.. they are a pleasure to fish with using 2-3 oz feeders. I thought they were 'tippy' - compared to a C3 for sure they are, but then I wouldn't use them for hurling loaded 4 oz feeders 50 yards, but I would a C3.
But for getting the job done and putting a smile on your face, lovely tools.
Harrison don't make a bad blank, so you won't go wrong getting a pair, just might take a session or two to re-adjust to them.Probably won't.
Good Luck.

Rods are soooo subjective. Just look at the threads on here
I've had a pair for well over a year, used them once last season and didn't particularly gel with them, so they've been sat looking pretty and gathering dust.
I had a poor session using tried and tested Chimera 3s a couple of weeks ago( loads of hook pulls) and it properly dented my confidence, so more out of curiosity I decided to use the 2lb Torrix on the next session. Nothing more than that.
The planets aligned and I had a bumper session so the rods got a proper workout and i couldn't believe how I hadn't been using them and would have probably sold them if someone wanted them bad.
For me.. they are a pleasure to fish with using 2-3 oz feeders. I thought they were 'tippy' - compared to a C3 for sure they are, but then I wouldn't use them for hurling loaded 4 oz feeders 50 yards, but I would a C3.
But for getting the job done and putting a smile on your face, lovely tools.
Harrison don't make a bad blank, so you won't go wrong getting a pair, just might take a session or two to re-adjust to them.Probably won't.
Good Luck.
Sooo you’ll be selling the Chimera 3s then ? 🤣

I think the free spirits are a very nice rod and actually prefer them to the Torrix but it's very much a personal thing .. It's a lot of money to spend without at least holding one in the flesh and having a wiggle. I know it's nowhere near the same as actually playing a barbel on a rod but at that price I would want a hold..

You won't be disappointed with them. I was gutted with that session as never had anything but praise for the C3s, so much so I have 2 pairs just in case Dr Steve cashes in and stuff changes.
I just didn't use them properly and fished like a fanny.

You won't be disappointed with them. I was gutted with that session as never had anything but praise for the C3s, so much so I have 2 pairs just in case Dr Steve cashes in and stuff changes.
I just didn't use them properly and fished like a fanny.
Have you ever tried the C3's for tench/bream Paul? They make really good rods for chucking out big method feeder balls.

Back