• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Advice needed

Hurgen Akindji

Hi all. I'm offering postage on a seatbox but have never sent one off before. Would you just put it in a cardboard box of some kind with bubble wrap?
Also how can I get it collected by a courier?

Many thanks

Hello Hurgen,
not sold a seat box, but have sold a couple of rods on flea bay. Make sure you pack it well , use a heavy duty cardboard box and pack well with light packing , nothing should be able to move in the box. Take 3 photos of the packing process , in case of damage claim against courier.

Get an accurate weight and size estimate so you know how much the postage is going to cost. Most couriers will pick up from your property.
I have used parcel compare website but be aware of add ons like vat etc on that site. Parcel force and Hermes. Just make sure you take out extra cover if of value.

cheers Andy

I would look at interparcel.com or parcel2go.com they will both give you various options with different couriers and prices.

ParcelHero is one to avoid, in my experience. They came up on one of the compare sites when I last posted some bits I sold on here. I used the new Royal Mail collection for the first few items that I sold, but then got bogged down with work stuff meaning I had to get a next day collection (or so I thought) for the last item. The Royal Mail bits cost less than a fiver, but ParcelHero (using Hermes for the actual courier service) was just shy of £12 for a similar size and weight for the advertised next day collection. My own fault for not being organised, I thought. Anyways, it took four days for them to collect. ParcelHero customer support number was a dead line and Hermes by phone only allowed the input of a tracking number and then gave an audio message saying the parcel was due to be collected. Exchanged a few emails with ParcelHero, but just got fobbed off. Won’t be using them or Hermes again.

I’d imagine the Royal Mail service has a size and weight limit, so probably no good for a seat box. But good value for others sending reels and other small items.

Back