• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

advice for a new umbrella please

Ray Heath

hi I am looking to buy a new umbrella my last one is 25yrs old and heavy I now want to buy a new one which is lighter and can fit 2 people under ( have to take the wife with me ) so what do you guys use , what is a good make . style , if a shelter is the way to go then please give me you suggestions .

thanks for any help

ray

a lot of places wont let you put up a shelter as such
I found the umbrella a bit snug with me, the other half and all the gear in a sideways down pour so the answer was to buy an umbrella for her:D which also means half the gear goes under it too;)

oh lol but then I would have to carry two umbrellas and she would have to come out of her umbrella to deliver my cuppa

Korum 50 inch. I am off to see my nice tackle dealer soon to buy a replacement for the one now staring as a snag in the Severn. (expletive deleted) wind!!!

Korum storm sheild fantastic brolly and you get pegs and 2 storm poles with it not that heavy either in my oppinion also it has sides aswel for when that rain hits you from the side.

Me and missus and a weeks worth of gear in the trakker colossus, if you have no budget i would reccomend a trakker tempest goes up in two minutes flat and big enough for two people comes with an heavy duty gsheet or you can use the tension strap also a fully zip out front panel. Certainly worth a look if moneyscno object!!!

May be of interest - Got one of these in 50" but available in 60" (higher price) - quick to put up, 5 year guarantee, groundsheet, pegs and poles included - got mine for a ton including postage. Price typically 110 to 140 - Wychwood Solace HD.

Review here:
Wychwood Solace HD

Cheers
Bob

I HAVE A EXCELLENT QUALITY Korum Day Session Shelter MARK I AT A BARGAIN PRICE OF £30 COLLECTED MUCH BETTER THAN AN UMBRELLA.

P

TL

MH

Korum Day Session Shelter MARK I
EASY AND SUPER QUICK TO SET UP AND TAKE DOWN WEIGHS VERY LITTLE AND WONT BLOW INSIDE OUT LIKE A BROLLY[WASTE OF TIME]CAN GET A BED UNDER IT AND CAN HAVE 2 PEOPLE SITTING INSIDE WITHOUT ANY WEAKENING MIDDLE POLE[HATE BROLLY SHELTERS EXPENSIVE WEIGH A TON AND THAT MIDDLE POLE JOKE]MUST BE SOMEONE WHO NEEDS ONE AND AT £30 BAGAIN

P

MH

Does anyone use the aqua fast n light? I fancy one but don't know if you can sit up on a chair under it as it looks a little low.

I'm also looking for a 50 inch brolly which doesn't fold up on you in the wind. Does such a thing exist ? I have a Korum 50 inch and the other day, in what I would only describe as moderate winds, it was like sitting inside a tulip. Useless thing.

Nick C

Back