• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Ads ruining the BFW experience.

Neil Smart

Again this problem is becoming just too much to cope with. Pop up's on top and bottom of every page, and now in the middle of every page. And they won't delete.

Try the Brave browser, fast with a built-in VPN.
No ads at all.
Adguard is also brilliant. Occasionally takes a little while to fire up on start up and the intrusive ads are very apparent for the first few minutes. Magically they dissappear pretty soon.

On Brave now thanks, also got it on my tablet a little time ago, didn't realise it was such a good ad blocker.

My Ipad is steam driven, wont load up Brave, :(

On the other hand I can spend many happy hours perusing the ads that I have no interest in at all.
I do have adblock browser that seems to be ok, at least it works after a few mins.

David

Sorry about the extra adverts - Google have done an auto update on my account and now forcing these into the forum threads!

As mentioned previously, advert revenue is crucial to help with the running costs of the site though this latest 'update' needs reversing. Please leave it with me...

Thanks,

Andy

The ads top and bottom are staying I'm afraid. I'd like to make them thinner but have a problem in that I can't update the code on the forum without getting an error.

I'm due to apply a forum software update in the hope it will fix this....just plucking up the courage to press 'update'!

After deleting the ads a few times I now just have a blank space where the ad used to be, and scroll down to the text. A new ad appears perhaps once every couple of weeks, but deleting it takes seconds.

My Ipad is steam driven, wont load up Brave, :(

On the other hand I can spend many happy hours perusing the ads that I have no interest in at all.
I do have adblock browser that seems to be ok, at least it works after a few mins.

David

David, I use an iPad and am browsing advert free using Safari and Ad Blocker Pro.

Back