• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Accommodation Suggestions

I have a few days to myself in November and was hoping to spend it on the river Severn.
Can anybody recommend a B&B for 3 nights of fishing?
I have looked on here and sent of emails but it always good to have heard from somebody who has stayed somewhere.
Not looking for big fish fish etc but more of a chill time fishing with a few pints.
Many thanks
Steve

My mate and I Go self catering in the Severn Valley View ( look in BFW accommodation) The facilities are fantastic. The location is Highley and is very quiet. We have been going for 5 years and the fishing is good on a BAA ticket this year we had 3 doubles up to 12lb 2oz. Adrian lives on site and is always available to help.

My mate and I Go self catering in the Severn Valley View ( look in BFW accommodation) The facilities are fantastic. The location is Highley and is very quiet. We have been going for 5 years and the fishing is good on a BAA ticket this year we had 3 doubles up to 12lb 2oz. Adrian lives on site and is always available to help.
Thanks Colin. Would I need to purchase a BAA ticket? Will have a look now

Hi men,

We stayed in a partisioned off part of a farm (woodcock) that overlooks the Hampton railway staiton run by a lovely old girl called Mrs Link . It was mine and Sues little secret , we had it to ourselves for a while . Come and go as we wanted , fishing both sides of the river with the ferry , we could walk down the lane to the river , it was heaven.

We branched out fishing the upper Teme , right through to Bransford . Then the next day hop over the ferry onto Kinnvers dayticket . We used to eat in at the Bull at the top of the lane , then tarted to use their rooms , which are set away from the pub, again come and go as you want , and lazy as you like used to shower and walk into the bar for dinner !. Thats worth a look , quiet central , not cheap but it depends on what you want .

https://www.bullsheadchelmarsh.co.uk

We loved it there , must return if i can persuade Sue to take up fishing again

Hatter

Last edited:
Not a B&B but I've stayed HERE a few times now, very peaceful indeed
Have stopped there twice myself. Lovely place. Managed a couple of barbel biggest being 10lb 15. Plenty of chub, perch, bream and pike about. Some huge salmon jumping about. Someone has had a 14lb fish out there a few weeks before I was last there

When did you go last Jon ?

I went last year around about this time of year and counted 22 cormorants in the tree to the right, fishing was right off and Alison the owner commented on the fishing had been tough for many. Had a Pike, bream and Chub but no Barbel and Zander.

I went in July this year and last. I had my 2 barbel by walking up the concrete ledge on the peg on the left towards the neighbors platform and casting upstream then walking back and putting my rod down and wait for a drop back bite. I lost a barbel on the platform peg by the trees but my mate had one.
I did see a couple of cormorants while I’ve been there but certainly not 22 of them. Alison told us about the 14lb fish when she was showing us in the guest book but also the neighbor came over for a chat and he mentioned it as well

I also had a kingfisher come and land on the railings on the platform while I was sat there about half 5 in the morning

Back