• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Abu Garcia Suveran servicing

Howard Turnnidge

Hello All,

I have just bought a couple of Suverans in the 2000 size that could do with a service.
In fact one probably needs a bit more attention than the other as (I don't want to sound geeky here) after every 2 and a 1/3rd turns of the reel handle there is a little bit more effort needed to turn the handle. In addition when you turn the collar to put the reel into anti reverse you can still wind backward for a number of turns and then the anti reverse kicks in and you cant wind back any further. Then all of a sudden you can wind back again with the reel still in anti reverse mode.
Anyway I would like to get these reels back to how they should be and would be grateful if anyone had any recommendations as to who they could be sent.

Thanks
Howard

No but just remembered him from seeing his web site and he also sells parts on eBay.

Howard,give Pete Coogan a ring on 01516773609.I use him for servicing my abu mags.If you prefer google him and get his email but he's the dogs and is authorised by Abu and im sure he can help.

Howard,
PM Ed Green a member on this Forum site,we both have Abu Suverans... (Infact a number of them) and he knows a gunsmith/engineer who services our reels. It costs me about £35 for two reels that are stripped down,cleaned,oiled and put back together.
We get them done every year....and they are like new....
I would recommend the service....

Thanks for all the recommendations both on here and by PM .
I spoke with Pete Coogan earlier today and the reels will be on their way to him tonight.

All the best
Howard

Well as you said Andy - "wont be disappointed" and i certainly wasn't.
I received my reels back seven days after initially sending them away. £15 each for servicing with replacement parts for the second reel at a very reasonable cost of £2.79 to bring it back to full working order.
Excellent service as you suggested , just need to get out and use them now !

Back