• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

ABU GARCIA 100th year edition spinning rod unused PRICE DROP! FREE TO A GOOD HOME 👍

Adam Wylie

Senior Member & Supporter
Abu Garcia 100th year spinning rod cork handle aluminium reel seat ,bronze blank.
15-45 gm .
unused in bag.
” FREE TO A GOOD HOME “ would be a good rod for young person just taking up spinning .
”PICK UP NOTTINGHAM “

Attachments

• IMG_2160.PNG
    IMG_2160.PNG
    319.6 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_2161.PNG
    IMG_2161.PNG
    46.9 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
Cheers for that. I fancied one of these but best to buy, if I do, with inclusive pnp. Out of curiousity what does " bump" stand for. On ano site, there is a guy at Hinckley with a pair of new his 2lb barbel. They are on facebook marketplace at 480. Thought maybe of interest to you/another member but don't know if it's right to do so.posted 2 days ago so may be long gone. Always fancied one but

Hi Alec ,Bump! Puts the listing back to the top !
Usually after price change.
What do to mean by PNP ?
I am not sure if you want these rods or not ?
Regards Adam

Bump. thanks for that. Just wondered.
I was toying with the idea but having slept on it, apologies I troubled you first, before I did some research. Just had in mind for one club water where I watching someone with a beefier spin than I have ( conolon 40g) looked to be having fun with carp but think my sliwa barbel will probably be better!

How long are they broken down? To be economic 120 cm/4' is the break point. Forgot to say earlier ,pnp is post and packing. Regards Alec

Sorry again, jus t looked at photos and they r the 9'. I ask your forgiveness again. Still recovering from second bout of whatever it is, this winter and getting ancient. They have to sell at that price surely so fingers crossed for you.

Hi Alex, they are good quality rods !
don’t let the cheap price fool you !
I never got round to using them,a real bargain at this price.👍

Hi Adam. I have no problem with the rods or Abu. They are usually good value for money, yours are even better. If I could have picked them up that's ok but couriers cost a fortune these days .Simply not worth me paying for couriers in my book for a want, not a need. Alec

Hi Alec ,
the rods are 4’6” when folded in rod bags , at that length , postage is not that much ,would be £8 at the most ,which still makes the rods a cracking deal

Hi Adam, I am not familiar with spinning rod, in your experience, what's the equivalent TC or line rating of the 10-45 casting weight? Thanks.

Hi Huanzhou,
It's medium spinning rods,great for,spinners up to 50gms or lures up to same weight.
It's a rod I would use for Pike fishing and expecting to catch fish up to 10-12 lbs.
I would use 50lb Braid

Last edited:
Back