• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Absolutely madness what people will pay

Those bobbins are unlikely to actually get used. There's a whole collectors market that has developed around solar gear. The gold bobbins are simply an extreme example. The worst part of it is that they could barely give them away when they were current. They featured in plenty of bargain buckets. I would think that the seller is being rather ambitious with his price. However, I won't be surprised if he gets somewhere north of half the £1200. Other than to make a whopping profit, I'd not pay £12 for them.

Buy these quick! Big profit to be made, though they like things in threes.
Screenshot_20210614_133035_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

Stuart is a collector and has TONS of Solar tackle and recently been selling lots of it mainly people are buying these not to use but to add to their collections why is that so hard to understand ??
?
wonder if he will put one of his pods up for sale next ?

Attachments

• solar gold.jpg
    solar gold.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
Stuart is a collector and has TONS of Solar tackle and recently been selling lots of it mainly people are buying these not to use but to add to their collections why is that so hard to understand ??
?
wonder if he will put one of his pods up for sale next ?
i would rather pour vinegar in my eyes than be seen on the bank with that pod

out of interest what would the stainless version of that pod go for i know someone who bought one....... by the way he’s better now

i would rather pour vinegar in my eyes than be seen on the bank with that pod

out of interest what would the stainless version of that pod go for i know someone who bought one....... by the way he’s better now
not that much around £350 this was mine few years ago the night before and what I caught big smile

Attachments

• solar world wide.jpg
    solar world wide.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_3566.JPG
    IMG_3566.JPG
    112 KB · Views: 142
Back