• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Aaron’s done it again ...Literally !!!

Well that’s not the end of it, he’s had another one 13.6 this time, tonight with him getting used to it I thought i’d get the chance to put a couple of rods out myself ! 🤔 cos this area lends itself to it, first one he had was whilst I was setting up, the second one i’d just managed to cast in, and was settling down to a sandwich, and a coffee, and his rod wraps round again ! this is actually my second session I’ve fished myself, and i’m Still Barbelless ! 😩

Well done the Young ‘Un....well done Ian, obviously a great teacher. Memories are made of this for both of you 👍👍

Was nice to get a "one in the net" text, thought it might have been yours Ian :D

Well done young'un - shades of young (a while back) BFW'er Dan Whitelock who couldn't catch anything under 10lbs

Joking aside, he is going to remember your help and advice forever - he must be on cloud 9. I dare say you’re pretty happy too.
Corny as it may sound unless stuffs passed on its lost. Things like water craft are an art and without being taught are very difficult to learn. Without “old hands” feeding the youngsters tid bits (not spoon feeding or giving fish away) they won’t learn, they will get bored and despondent and either end up fishing commercials or worse still giving up.

Back