• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

A1

Jamie Snow

Hi, anyone fished A1 stretch recently?
I am am off for a week in Feb and could do with any info on how all the trees etc. That Steve had to cut down have settled down after all the floods?

Big ask

Jamie.

'had to cut down'

Had to or choose to?

Looked like a right mess last time I looked. I gather a lot of the felling took place in June... vandalism in my book.

They could maybe argue they argue health and safety if the felling was contained to dangerous crack willows which were next to swims, but it went way beyond that. There is no excuse for removing all the overhanging scrubby sallow from the margins which was a valuable habitat for inverts, birds and fish, all to open up a few extra swims. As I say vandalism.

As a former fishery owner/manager I was horrified by the destruction and ill thought out job carried out.
I was there for the start of the season for a week.

This is why I am asking for a current update on the state of the banks, fish etc.

Big ask I know?

You won't have any issues finding places to fish from what I saw in October and the floods in Nov when much of the stretch was underwater will have nudged any debris downstream I would imagine.

I'm assuming the brains behind the felling is the person who drives up and down the banks in a leopard skin painted Disco?!

Back