• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

A week away on the Hampshire Avon .

Jameel Khan

Hi all i'm looking to book a week or so away on the Avon . I'm a little unsure as to where and would be grateful to anyone who could point me in the right direction . I've not booked accommodation yet , i'll do that accordingly . As said just a little info as to where abouts head . Not specifics or anything , just abit of an idea . Thankyou to anyone that may be able to help .

Thankyou Cliff Christchurch is a favourite for most from what i've seen and somewhere i'd like to try . Again thankyou for that mate .

If you're not specifically after Barbel then you could do worse than the Ringwood area. Just a short drive down to the Britford fishery ( Day Ticket ) for some nice mixed fishing. If you are after decent accomodation down there then PM me and I'll ping off some details.

Also, if you eventually decide on Christchurch, Christchurch Angling Club offer a one week holiday membership which gives you access to more water than you'll ever cover in 7 days. Check out their website.

Also, if you eventually decide on Christchurch, Christchurch Angling Club offer a one week holiday membership which gives you access to more water than you'll ever cover in 7 days. Check out their website.
Thankyou so much for your time Dave . It is Barbel i'm after and am gonna look into the weekly pass . Unsure yet as to where to stay so am gonna look into it this evening , hopefully it shouldn't be a problem . Again thankyou mate , massively grateful .

When I go I stay at either the Tyrrells Ford, Fisherman's Haunt or St Leonards in Ringwood.

Gives me options of the River in Ringwood area or way to Christchurch. Less traffic as well.

Always look for best deals. I'm in the area in 10 days.

I looked at the weekly deal but as I tend to visit 4 times a year, decided that as the annual ticket runs a year from joining I could just about cover two near Autumn to Winter periods with an annual ticket IMO the best time.

There are significant road works on the A31 at Ringwood currently, overnight closures etc so try to keep your accommodation West of it, ie in Dorset as opposed to Hampshire.

If you're not specifically after Barbel then you could do worse than the Ringwood area. Just a short drive down to the Britford fishery ( Day Ticket ) for some nice mixed fishing. If you are after decent accomodation down there then PM me and I'll ping off some details.
LAA aren't issuing day tickets on Britford just now because of Covid.

When I go I stay at either the Tyrrells Ford, Fisherman's Haunt or St Leonards in Ringwood.

Gives me options of the River in Ringwood area or way to Christchurch. Less traffic as well.

I looked at the weekly deal but as I tend to visit 4 times a year, decided that as the annual ticket runs a year from joining I could just about cover two near Autumn to Winter periods with an annual ticket IMO the best time.

There are significant road works on the A31 at Ringwood currently, overnight closures etc so try to keep your accommodation West of it, ie in Dorset as opposed to Hampshire.
Good advise mate thankyou .

Thankyou for that Graham.

I always stay at Tyrells ford Graham, might be able to meet up for a pint there one day.

Back