• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

A very nostalgic film

Great video. I cannot believe it was over 9 years ago that I was last talking to Fred :oops:

Anybody found anymore little gems on YouTube to watch?
I’ve found all the early John Wilson Go Fishing
I enjoy all the old stuff pre sponsorships

Not barbel, but you have all the Alan Wilson with his record Tench, Phil Smith, John Knowles, Jeff Mills on Hollowell, Queensford for the monster Bream back in the day. Those types of videos, for me are the best

Yes. I watched that recently for the first time. I enjoyed it so much I bought a copy of Fred's book on world of books as well. It reminded me of the more prolific days past on my local Stour and Avon.

I've watched some of Andy Orme's old stuff, Hunting for Barbel and The Mystical Barbel, very nostalgic with a lot of it filmed on the River Teme back in the halcyon days!

Really enjoyed that !
I am with Gavin on this, not a brand name in sight , no pushing the lastest rig that in all honesty probably is no better than a simple home made feeder or a simple free running ledger rig.
A simple honest approach that works as well today as it did then.

David .

Back