• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

A Train to Catch...by Jon Berry

Andy Frances

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

I've just had an email from Medlar Press announcing Jon Berry's new book, 'A Train to Catch', which is due to be published in December.

Jon Berry A Train To Catch

I'm really looking forward to reading this one Jon. Good luck with the release :)

Cheers,

Andy F

Blimey, didn't think it would be that soon. Must order one myself!

Thanks for posting the link too, Andy, I hadn't seen the finished cover.

Jon

Last edited:
Blimey, didn't think it would be that soon. Must order one myself!

Thanks for posting the link too, Andy, I hadn't seen the finished cover.

Jon
Soon Jon? I've been waiting since 2008....thought it was such a good idea almost nicked it myself.

As above good luck Jon...

I loved "Beneath the Black Water", which I'd recommend to anyone and everyone. I will definitely be reserving myself a copy of this one.

I have to say, as a railwayman of some years, that i'm rather disappointed with the cover picture but i'm sure it will be a great read. I myself do not drive and hence why i fish the Royalty so much!

Regards,
Jeff

Soon Jon? I've been waiting since 2008....thought it was such a good idea almost nicked it myself.

You're right Pete, of course, it got put on the back burner when the ferox book got picked up, not long after that interview. The publishers of Black Water insisted on a quick turnaround so this one was held back.

Jeff, I know what you mean about the cover - we worried long in to the night about whether a train-related picture would put off the usual Medlar audience. That said, my ugly mug would put off any sort of audience! It's more of a fishing book than a railways book, with a lot of social history stuff about how our island (and its fishing) have changed from the glory days of steam to the era of the ubiquitous 4x4. Not everyone's cup of British Rail tea, i'm sure, but it was great fun to do.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Jon

Given that my copy is now winging its way to me via Pony Express I thought it a justifiable enough reason to post now and bump this back on to page one.

I cannot believe that it was 4 years ago that I submitted a review of Jon's - A Can of Worms - to BFW for publication. At that time I didn't know Jon from Adam but anyone who reads the review today will see that Steve Williams has kindly added an update from me. Cheers Steve much appreciated.

I make no apology for a blatant plug of Jon's new book and for that matter ACOW and indeed as mentioned by others in earlier posts his Ferox book BTBW.

ATTC was going to be an Xmas present but I will have read it long before its wrapped up and stuck under the tree.

Good on you Jon, keep em coming.

atb

Les

I think you've been watching too much TOWIE, Les?

I agree with your sentiment, Jon is indeed a good read.

Regards

Damian

TOWIE Damian! - NUHFO - a working life with the NHS both for and selling to it gave me more than enough acronyms to feed me for life. It does save the fingers though from all that extra typing - TTFN

ATB

Les

Back