• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

A noble suggestion if I may.

Nick Anderson

No Longer a Member
Lords, ladies, gents. The death of Fred Crouch I'm sure has hit us all hard. I personally never met the man and consider myself poorer for the knowledge of not knowing a legend.
To that end would it be advisable to have a whip round, perhaps for a plaque or bench near his favourite swim?

Just a thought for a fitting legend.

Last edited:
Hmm it seems that people on here look in and don't reply. Perhaps maggot colour or courier preferences are too important.

Sad days.

Nick

It is indeed a noble suggestion but I feel we would be in a queue behind the Barbel Fishers who in turn would be behind the Barbel Society who I'm sure you know was started by Fred and Freinds:(

Maybe a BFW contribution to whatever the BS are doing might be a better solution;)

Just a thought:)

Didn,t know Fred personally, but read many a great article in the weekly,s. I,d be happy to make a contribution. Please keep us informed. Thank You.

Back